The Central Bureau of Investigation has today filed a charge sheet against 24 accused including the then Commandant of BSF. On the request of the Government of J&K to inquire into the allegations of irregularities in the written examination conducted by J&K Services Selection Board (JKSSB) on 27th March, 2022 for recruitment of 1200 Sub-Inspectors of J&K Police on 03rd August, 2022 case was registered. The result of this examination was declared on June 04, 2022. The investigation took place in several states, which involved large-scale analysis of technical data and examination of a large number of witnesses.
20 people were arrested
After the registration of the case, searches were conducted at the premises of the accused and some JKSSB officials, among others, at around 77 places including Jammu and Kashmir, Haryana, Delhi, Bengaluru. 20 people have been arrested. At the same time, during the investigation, it was found that one of the accused (resident Rewari) conspired with others. Simultaneously another accused (printing press employee) stole the question paper of JKPSI exam and handed it over to another accused (resident of Rewari). Further, the said accused approached other accused persons for arranging candidates for sale of question papers.
Includes doctor’s name
He further said that the other accused arranged for the candidates, who were provided with the leaked question papers. Taking the conspiracy ahead, the leaked question paper was made available in lieu of money by taking the candidates to Karnal. Some accused from Jammu and Kashmir had arranged to provide leaked question papers to the examinees in Gangyal. It was further alleged that the accused distributed the leaked question paper at the residence of a doctor (also the accused). It was also alleged that some candidates had actively participated in the said conspiracy.
The names of these accused in the chargesheet are-
- 1 Dr. Karnail Singh (in judicial custody)
- 2 Ashwani Kumar (in judicial custody)
- 3 Ashok Kumar, then ASI (in police custody)
- 4 Jayasuriya Sharma (in police custody)
- 5 Keval Krishna (in judicial custody)
- 6 Raman Sharma (in judicial custody)
- 7 Amit Kumar Sharma (in police custody)
- 8 Rakesh Kumar (in judicial custody)
- 9 Sunil Sharma (in police custody)
- 10. Suresh Kumar Sharma (in judicial custody)
- 11 Jagdish Lal (in judicial custody)
- 12 Kashmir Singh
- 13 Atul Kumar (In Police Custody)
- 14 Tarsem Lal Sharma (In Police Custody)
- 15 Yatin Yadav, resident of Rewari (in judicial custody)
- 16 Vikas Sharma
- 17 Anil Kumar (in judicial custody)
- 18 Ashok Pandit
- 19 Pawan Kumar (In Police Custody)
- 20 Ashish Yadav (In Police Custody)
- 21 Bajinder Singh (in police custody)
- 22 Sulinder Kumar
- 23 Surendra Singh (in police custody)
- 24 Pradeep Kumar Katiyar, Printing Press employee (in police custody).
Latest India News
For more news stay tuned to INTV News.