Chhattisgarh News Girl student dies due to contaminated water in Chhattisgarh, 55 others sick

Representational Image- India TV Hindi News
Image Source : REPRESENTATIONAL IMAGE
Representational Image

Highlights

  • Student Kamini Churendra died
  • Good quality food was not being served
  • Case registered against hostel management

Chhattisgarh News: A 19-year-old girl student has died and 55 other girl students have become ill after allegedly drinking contaminated water at a private college hostel in Durg district in Chhattisgarh. District administration officials gave this information on Tuesday. Officials said that preliminary investigation into the incident has revealed that the girl students residing in the hostel had complained to the hostel management regarding the quality of food and water, but the management did not pay heed to the complaint. This shows the inconsistency and carelessness of the hostel management.

55 girl students complain of vomiting and diarrhea

Officials of the district administration said that the administration had received information on Monday that a large number of girl students from Ved Mahila Hostel in Bhilai city have been admitted to a private hospital. He said that later it was informed that 55 girl students of skill development training course at Rastogi College, Bhilai have been admitted to Hi-Tech Hospital from July 30 on complaints of vomiting and diarrhea. Officials said that 51 girl students are undergoing treatment at the hospital and 4 girl students have been discharged.

Student Kamini Churendra died

He said that information has been received that Kamini Churendra, a hostel student, was admitted to a hospital in neighboring Rajnandgaon district, where she died on Sunday during treatment. He said that after her health deteriorated, her family members took her from the hostel to their residence in Balod district on July 29. He was later admitted to the hospital in Rajnandgaon. Officials said that after getting information about the incident, Collector of Durg district Pushpendra Meena ordered an inquiry and a team of officials including the Chief Medical and Health Officer (CMHO) of the district, Dr JP Meshram met the ailing students in the hospital and Visited the hostel.

Quality food was not being served in the hostel

He said that during the inspection, the girl students of the hostel told that the food being served to them is not of quality and old water coolers are being used to provide drinking water. At the same time, the water cleaning machine is also closed for a long time. Officials said that the hostel warden has informed that the students are staying in 6 hostels and the food and breakfast are cooked in the same mess in Model Town, but the girl students who have fallen ill are from Ved Hostel only. . He said that the water from the tank, RO and water cooler installed in the roof of the hostel has been sent to the Public Health Engineering (PHE) department for testing. The investigation report is awaited. It is feared that the girls have become ill due to drinking contaminated water.

Case registered against hostel management

Officials said that the stool samples of the ailing girl students have also been sent for testing. At the same time, the food supply officer has collected food samples and sent them for examination. He said, “Preliminary investigation has revealed that the girl students had repeatedly complained about the quality of food and water, but despite this, the hostel management did not pay heed to it. This shows the chaos and negligence of the hostel management. Here, Additional Superintendent of Police, Durg district, Sanjay Dhruv said that a case has been registered against the hostel management in this regard.

Latest India News

For more news stay tuned to INTV News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.