CWG 2022, DAY 4 HIGHLIGHTS: The fourth day of the 22nd Commonwealth Games in Birmingham was very spectacular and historic for India. India first got the good news from lawn ball when the women’s team made it to the finals for the first time in these games. After this, in judo, Sushila Devi and then Vijay Yadav increased the number of medals for India by winning medals. In hockey, the Indian men’s team let the victory go hand in hand, but the badminton and table tennis teams made strong performances to make it to the finals. In the end, Harjinder ended India’s day with a medal in weightlifting. Let us know how India’s performance was in which sports on the fourth day …
- India reached the final for the first time. Women’s four team defeated New Zealand in a thrilling semi-final match.
- India got two medals in this game. In the women’s section, Sushila Devi won the silver medal in the 48 kg weight category. Whereas in men’s 60kg weight category Vijay Kumar Yadav won bronze.
- Women’s weightlifter Harjinder Kaur claimed bronze in the 71kg category in a thrilling contest late last night.
- Amit Panghal, Mohammad Husamuddin and Ashish Kumar reached the quarterfinals by winning their respective matches.
- The pair of Lakshya Sen, PV Sindhu and Satwik-Chirag together took India to the final of the team event. The Indian team registered a 3-0 win against Singapore in the semi-final here.
- Defending champions India beat Nigeria 3-0 in the semi-finals. Sharath Kamal, Sathiyan and team sealed their place in the final together.
- The Indian men’s team could not win the group match despite a 4–1 lead against England and the match ended in a 4–4 draw.
- Pranati Nayak finished fifth in the final of the vault event and missed out on a medal.
- Srihari Natraj finished fifth in the 50m backstroke final and missed out on a medal.
For more Daily Sports News stay tuned to INTV News.