- India’s total medal tally reaches 20
- So far, 6 gold, 7 silver and 7 bronze have been registered in India’s name.
- India got the most 10 medals in weightlifting
CWG 2022 India Medal Tally: India won two historic medals on the seventh day of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games. Where Sudhir won Gold Medal in Para Powerlifting. In the long jump, Murali Sreeshankar took possession of the silver. Both these players created history in their respective events and also became the first Indian players to win gold and silver respectively. With this, India’s medal tally at the end of the day increased to 20 but India did not gain any advantage in the medal tally.
The total number of medals India has won so far in the ongoing Commonwealth Games. In which 6 gold, 7 silver and 7 bronze medals are included. The maximum 10 medals in India’s name have come from weightlifting so far, including three gold. The first gold for India in these Games was won by weightlifter and Tokyo Olympic silver medalist Mirabai Chanu. India’s medal tally has definitely increased in the medal tally, but there has been no difference in position. Australia is still on top.
What is the latest status of Medal Tally?
CWG 2022, DAY 8 LIVE UPDATES: A total of 20 medals for India so far, will see the glory of wrestlers from the 8th day
Which player won medals for India?
- Mirabai Chanu, Gold Medal, Weightlifting (Women’s 49kg)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga, Gold Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 67kg Category)
- Achint Shivli, Gold Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 73kg category)
- Indian Women’s Team, Gold Medal, Lawn Balls
- Indian Men’s Team, Gold Medal, Table Tennis
- Sudhir, Gold Medal, Para Power Lifting (Heavy Weight Event)
- Sanket Sargar, Silver Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 55kg)
- Bindiyarani Devi, Silver Medal, Weightlifting (Women’s 55kg Category)
- Sushila Devi, Silver Medal, Judo (Women’s 48 kg category)
- Vikas Thakur, Silver Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 96 kg category)
- Indian Mixed Team, Silver Medal, Badminton (Mixed Team)
- Tulika Mann, Silver Medal, Judo (Women +78 kg category)
- Murali Sreeshankar, Silver Medal, Long Jump Athletics
- Gururaj Pujari, Bronze Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 61 kg category)
- Vijay Kumar Yadav, Bronze medal, Judo (Men’s 60 kg category)
- Harjinder Kaur, Bronze medal, Weightlifting (Women’s 71 kg category)
- Lovepreet Singh, Bronze Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 109 kg)
- Saurav Ghosal, Bronze Medal, Squash (Men’s Singles)
- Gurdeep Singh, Bronze medal, Weightlifting (Men +109 kg category)
- Tejaswin Shankar, Bronze Medal, Athletics (Men’s High Jump)
For more Daily Sports News stay tuned to INTV News.