CWG 2022 India Medal TallyIndia won three gold, one silver and two bronze medals on the strength of wrestlers on the eighth day of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games. With this, India has also got a big advantage in the medal tally. By the end of the seventh day, India was in the 7th position but after the 8th day, India has jumped two places to make it to the top-5. On Friday, on the eighth day, six medals came in India’s bag and all of them were found only in wrestling.
With this, India’s total medal tally increased to 26. In which 9 gold, 8 silver and 9 bronze medals are included. India still has the most number of 10 medals in weightlifting, including three gold. The first gold for India in these Games was won by weightlifter and Tokyo Olympic silver medalist Mirabai Chanu. While India has now made it to the top-5 in the medal tally, Australia is still at the top position.
What is the latest status of Medal Tally?
Which player won medals for India?
CWG 2022, DAY 9 LIVE UPDATES: Indian wrestlers increase the number of medals, women’s hockey team loses
- Mirabai Chanu, Gold Medal, Weightlifting (Women’s 49kg)
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga, Gold Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 67kg Category)
- Achint Shivli, Gold Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 73kg category)
- Indian Women’s Team, Gold Medal, Lawn Balls
- Indian Men’s Team, Gold Medal, Table Tennis
- Sudhir, Gold Medal, Para Power Lifting (Heavy Weight Event)
- Bajrang Punia, Gold Medal, Wrestling (65 kg Freestyle)
- Deepak Poonia, Gold Medal, Wrestling (86 kg Freestyle)
- Sakshi Malik, Gold Medal, Wrestling (63 kg Women’s Freestyle)
- Sanket Sargar, Silver Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 55kg)
- Bindiyarani Devi, Silver Medal, Weightlifting (Women’s 55kg Category)
- Sushila Devi, Silver Medal, Judo (Women’s 48 kg category)
- Vikas Thakur, Silver Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 96 kg category)
- Indian Mixed Team, Silver Medal, Badminton (Mixed Team)
- Tulika Mann, Silver Medal, Judo (Women +78 kg category)
- Murali Sreeshankar, Silver Medal, Long Jump Athletics
- Anshu Malik, Silver Medal, Wrestling (57 kg Women’s Freestyle)
- Gururaj Pujari, Bronze Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 61 kg category)
- Vijay Kumar Yadav, Bronze medal, Judo (Men’s 60 kg category)
- Harjinder Kaur, Bronze medal, Weightlifting (Women’s 71 kg category)
- Lovepreet Singh, Bronze Medal, Weightlifting (Men’s 109 kg)
- Saurav Ghosal, Bronze Medal, Squash (Men’s Singles)
- Gurdeep Singh, Bronze medal, Weightlifting (Men +109 kg category)
- Tejaswin Shankar, Bronze Medal, Athletics (Men’s High Jump)
- Divya Kakran, Bronze Medal, Wrestling (68 kg Women’s Freestyle)
- Mohit Grewal, Bronze Medal, Wrestling (125 kg Freestyle)
For more Daily Sports News stay tuned to INTV News.