T20WC 2022: Pakistan cricket team has reached the final of T20 World Cup for the third time and is now just one win away from its second title. Under the captaincy of Babar Azam, the team achieved a one-sided victory of seven wickets against New Zealand in the first semi-final on Wednesday. In this crucial match played in Sydney, 2009 champions Pakistan achieved New Zealand’s target of 153 runs in 19.1 overs. His captain Babar Azam and vice-captain Mohammad Rizwan once again made a century partnership for the first wicket and scored their respective half-centuries.
For the Babar-led Pakistan team, this World Cup was full of uncertainties and ups and downs. This is the reason that Pakistan’s team, once standing on the threshold of being eliminated from the tournament, qualified for the semi-finals in a very interesting way and after that have now reached the final as well.
Let’s take a look at this astonishing journey of Pakistan’s World Cup…
- First match: Pakistan suffered the biggest setback in their very first match and had to lose the winning bet in front of the historic innings of Virat Kohli. In this match, despite dismissing four of India’s players for 31, she could not defend her score of 160 runs and Virat performed amazingly and put the match in India’s lap in the last overs.
- Second match: Frustrated by the loss against India, Pakistan got the next blow in their second match when Zimbabwe beat them by 1 run in a thrilling encounter. Pakistan’s team failed to achieve Zimbabwe’s target of 131 runs and lost the match. With this defeat, Pakistan’s exit from the World Cup was almost certain and the Pakistani team itself gave up hope.
- Third match: Pakistan retaliated strongly against Netherlands and won by 6 wickets against this team with good net run rate. It was also Pakistan’s first win of the tournament.
- Fourth match: Pakistan continued their winning streak and defeated South Africa in the next match. In this rain-interrupted match, they won the match by 33 runs.
- Equations changed after South Africa’s defeat: It was an impossible task for Pakistan to reach the semi-finals despite three consecutive victories. Apart from his own win against Bangladesh in the last group match, he also had to rely on matches in South Africa and India. This is because India was first and South Africa second in the points table, while Pakistan’s team was also outside the top 4.
- Fifth match: In the last match, South Africa faced the Netherlands while India faced Zimbabwe. All three matches were to be held on the same day. But in the first matches, that happened which no one expected. The Netherlands team stopped South Africa from scoring 158 runs and defeated them by a margin of 13 runs. With this victory of the Netherlands, the doors of the semi-finals were opened for Pakistan and they now had to beat Bangladesh in their last match and they did so. Pakistan defeated Bangladesh by 5 wickets to secure their place in the semi-finals.
Latest Cricket News
For more Daily Sports News stay tuned to INTV News.