PM Modi has expressed grief over the painful accident due to stone quarry collapse in Mizoram. Along with this, it has been announced to give 2 lakh each to the relatives of those killed in the incident and 50 thousand to the injured. The PMO tweeted, “My thoughts are with those who lost their near and dear ones due to the tragic stone mine collapse in Mizoram. Ex-gratia amount of Rs. The next of kin of each deceased will be given Rs 2 lakh from PMNRF. 50 thousand rupees will be given to the injured.
So far 10 people have died in the accident
Let us tell you that two more bodies have been recovered from the debris of a collapsed stone mine in Hanhathiyal district of South Mizoram on Monday, due to which the number of people who lost their lives in this accident has increased to 10. An official said on Wednesday that the dead included five workers from West Bengal, two each from Jharkhand and Assam and one laborer from Mizoram’s Lunglei district.
two people still missing
A total of 12 people working there had gone missing after a stone quarry caved in at Moudarh village, about 23 km from Hanthiyal town, on Monday. R Lalremsanga, district deputy commissioner of Hanhathiyal, said, “Two more bodies have been recovered from the debris after an intensive search operation on Tuesday night. With this, 10 of the total 12 people buried under the debris of the stone quarry have been traced. He said that two laborers are still missing and their search is on.
Latest India News
For more news stay tuned to INTV News.