Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the ambitious redevelopment project of Visakhapatnam railway station. This Rs 446 crore project of ‘Rail Land Development Authority’ is also important because Visakhapatnam is soon going to be the headquarters of the new South Coast Railway zone. Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav was also present on the occasion along with PM Modi. Based on the EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) project, the objective of this project is to provide world class facilities to the passengers.
Visakhapatnam railway station will be equipped with these facilities-
- After the redevelopment, the station will have a state-of-the-art sky-walk which will make it much easier for the passengers to reach the platforms etc.
- A ‘roof plaza’ will be built above the platform, which will connect the departure hall with the common waiting room, which will facilitate the movement of passengers.
- Under this redevelopment plan, a commercial area will be built over the multi-level car parking.
- Internet based smart parking management system will be there in addition to commercial area
- Along with this, there will be space for shops and offices at the station.
- Waiting rooms and medical emergency rooms will also be built.
Redevelopment benefits the local economy
Government officials said that the redevelopment of Visakhapatnam railway station would have a multi-layered impact on the local economy and would accelerate development. “Visakhapatnam is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. The economic activity in the city has benefited immensely from the recent developments in the IT sector.
Visakhapatnam has a rich tradition of business: Modi
Let us inform that Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of projects worth over Rs 10,500 crore in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Union Minister Ashwini Vaishnav and CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy were also present on this occasion. In Visakhapatnam, PM Modi said that this city is very special. There has always been a rich trade tradition here. Visakhapatnam was an important port of ancient India. Thousands of years ago, through this port, trade was done till West Asia and Rome. Even today Visakhapatnam remains the focal point of India’s trade.
Latest India News
For more news stay tuned to INTV News.