The Prime Minister will flag off the Chennai-Mysore Vande Bharat Express at Krantiveer Sangoli Rayanna (KSR) railway station in Bengaluru. This will be the fifth Vande Bharat Express train in the country and the first such train in South India. It will enhance connectivity between the industrial hub of Chennai and the tech and startup hub of Bengaluru and the famous tourist city of Mysore. The Prime Minister will also flag off the Bharat Gaurav Kashi Yatra train from Bengaluru KSR Railway Station.
Karnataka is the first state to run this train under the Bharat Gaurav scheme in which the Government of Karnataka and the Ministry of Railways are working together to send pilgrims from Karnataka to Kashi. Pilgrims will be provided comfortable stay and guidance to visit Kashi, Ayodhya and Prayagraj. At around 10:20 am, the Prime Minister will flag off Vande Bharat Express and Bharat Gaurav Kashi Darshan train at KSR Railway Station in Bengaluru. At the same time, he will inaugurate the second terminal of Kempegowda International Airport built at a cost of 5000 crores. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also unveil a 108-feet tall statue of Bengaluru’s founder Nadprabu Kempegowda during his visit to the capital.
This will be the timing of the train
Chennai-Mysore Vande Bharat Express MGR (MGR) will leave Chennai Central at 05:50 AM and reach Bengaluru at 10:25 AM. It will depart from Bangalore at 10:30 am and will reach its final destination Mysore at 12:30 pm. This train will cover the distance of 497Km in 6 hrs 40 mins and will run 6 days a week.
What is special in Vande Bharat Express
- The Vande Bharat train has been built under the Make in India project at the Integral Coach Factory in Chennai.
- Photocatalytic Ultra Violet Air Filtration System has been installed for air purification in the new design of Vande Bharat Express
- It has a battery backup of three hours and its weight will be reduced from 430 tonnes to 290 tonnes. This ride index, which measures riding comfort, has been increased to 3.2.
- The train has a self-propelled engine, that is, there is no external engine. The executive coach chairs can rotate up to 360 degrees.
- Had India bought this train from another country, it would have been 40% more expensive than Vande Bharat Express.
- 100 crores were spent in making the first rake of Vande Bharat train. It took 18 months to complete
- There are 32-inch LCD TVs in Vande Bharat. Travel will be more comfortable with 15% more energy and dust-free pure air cooling of the traction motor.
Latest India News
For more news stay tuned to INTV News.