Arunachal Pradesh Strong tremors of earthquake were felt in the morning at around 10:30 am. Its magnitude has been measured at 5.7 on the Richter scale. Earlier, earthquake tremors were felt in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the early hours of Thursday. According to the National Center for Seismology, an earthquake of magnitude 4.3 occurred at around 2:29 am on November 10, 253 km south-east of Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The depth of the earthquake was 10 km below the ground. However, there is no report of any damage due to this earthquake.
Do’s and don’ts in case of earthquake
- In the event of an earthquake, immediately leave home, school or work and go to an open field. Stay away from big buildings, trees, electric poles etc.
- Use the stairs instead of the elevator to go out.
- If you are stuck somewhere, do not run. This will have more impact of the earthquake.
- In the event of an earthquake, move away from windows, cupboards, fans, heavy objects placed above so that they do not get hurt due to falling and breaking the glass.
- If you can’t get out, then get under strong furniture like tables, beds, desks and hold his legs tightly so that he does not slip due to shaking.
- If there is no strong thing, then cover the delicate parts of the body like head, hands etc. with a thick book or some strong thing and sit on your knees, adjacent to a strong wall.
- Do not stand near the door that opens or closes, otherwise you may get hurt.
- If in a vehicle, stop the vehicle on the side of the road or in the open, away from buildings, hoardings, poles, flyovers, bridges, etc. and wait until the earthquake stops.
Earthquake tremors were also felt on 9 November
Let us tell you, a day before on November 9, earthquake tremors were felt in many states of North India including the national capital Delhi. The epicenter of the earthquake was reported to be 10 km below the ground in Nepal. The magnitude of the earthquake was measured at 6.3 on the Richter scale. The tremors of the earthquake were felt around 1:57 pm.
The earth shook even on November 8
At the same time, even on Tuesday late evening, earthquake tremors were felt in many districts including Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh. Its epicenter was close to the Indo-Nepal border in Uttarakhand. Its intensity was measured at 4.9 on the Richter scale. According to the information, the tremors of the earthquake came here at around 9 o’clock.
Latest India News
For more news stay tuned to INTV News.